It Takes a Team
SRDC works with the City of Philadelphia and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in fulfilling its mission. Key city agencies include the Department of Commerce; Philadelphia Parks & Recreation; Philadelphia City Planning Commission; the Office of Transportation, Infrastructure, and Sustainability; and the Department of Streets. Key state agencies include the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Environmental Protection, and the Department of Community and Economic Development. In most cases, SRDC is the junior partner to these larger organizations; our frequent presence on site makes our contribution significant.
Additionally, SRDC has great support and guidance from private foundations, including the William Penn Foundation, the Pew Charitable Trusts, the Philadelphia Foundation, and the Knight Foundation. And SRDC is proud to partner with a variety of other public, private, and nonprofit partners to advance the Schuylkill Banks Vision and help create a more sustainable Philadelphia.
Organizations Working on the Tidal Schuylkill
- Philadelphia Parks & Recreation - Schuylkill Banks is owned by the City of Philadelphia; Philadelphia Parks & Recreation manages the amenity in partnership with SRDC
- Schuylkill River Parks Alliance - SRPA advocates on behalf of all users of the lower Schuylkill for the preservation and enhancement of safety and accessibility to the Schuylkill River Trail and promotes responsible development, management, and enjoyment of the Schuylkill River Park
- Friends of Schuylkill River Park - FSRP is the official friends group of Schuylkill River Park, which is located on 25th Street between Pine and Spruce Streets and includes the Markward Playground, a community garden, two dog parks, fields, and basketball courts
- Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center - FWWIC is an interactive museum inside the Water Works where families can have fun while learning about the history of this National Historic Landmark and how water impacts our lives today
- John Bartram Association - JBA operates Bartram's Garden, which is the oldest botanic garden in the United States and a National Historic Landmark along the Bartram's Mile trail section of Schuylkill Banks in Southwest Philadelphia
- Schuylkill River Greenway Association - SRGA manages the Schuylkill River National and State Heritage Area, which covers the entire 128-mile river