Explore the Hidden River on a professionally guided kayak tour from the Walnut Street Dock to the Fairmount Water Works! Tours include equipment rental, instructions on how to paddle and safely operate the kayak, and a little over an hour out on the water. Kayaking on the tidal Schuylkill requires moderate exertion. Kayak tours are $40/person and moonlight kayak tours are $50/person. Groups of five or more receive a $5 per person discount on regularly scheduled tours, so get a group together! Private tours are also available. Call Hidden River Outfitters, the kayak tour operator, at 267-588-3512 or email them at [email protected] for more info.
Need a gift for a family member, friend, or colleague? Give them a Schuylkill Banks Kayak Tour gift certificate! Call us at 215-309-5523 x100 or email us at [email protected] for more information and to purchase.
Please note there are new rules in place this year due to COVID-19:
• all participants must wear a mask while they are on land
• all participants must stay six feet apart from other individuals at the check-in table and while receiving paddling instructions
• all participants must fill out a waiver in advance of the tour - a link to the waiver will be provided in the purchase confirmation email
• the restrooms at Walnut Street are closed - please plan ahead
• all kayaks and equipment will be sanitized after each tour